[TR] headlamp removal

spamiam at comcast.net spamiam at comcast.net
Mon Apr 11 17:32:43 MDT 2011

Randall,

Thanks.  I fashioned a tool out of some steel I had lying around.  I bent it
about 3/16" from the end at a right angle, then heat treated it with a MAPP
torch, quenched it for "hardening" and then tried it.  I got the trim ring
off reasonably easily with the tool.  The best place to pull appears to be
right where this a little rivet on the ring.  That is where there is a
locking tab.

I got the lamp replaced.

Interesting observations to follow in another post.

-Tony