[TR] TR3A Seat Belt Hole Location Question

William Quincy wquincy at cox.net
Mon Apr 11 00:30:46 MDT 2011

Greetings Listers,

Before I drill holes in the( heal board) for seat belts in my 60,000 S/
N car, I wonder if anyone can offer an explanation why the inboard and
the outboard holes should be at different heights from the floor. The
Standard-Triumph Motor Company, Inc. Northeastern zone Service
Memorandum #2-62, January 9, 1962. shows out board holes 2 5/16" from
the floor and the inboard holes 1 7/16" from the floor. Also the memo
shows the holes should be 2 1/8" from the driveshaft tunnel and 1 1/2
" from the wheel arch side.
Why not holes on the same plane and evenly spaced from both sides.
I've studied this memo and feel fairly confident I'm reading it
correctly but I don't get the logic here.

Bill Quincy
Wichita, Ks.
TR3A TS69623L