[TR] Green Motor Oil

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Apr 9 13:37:56 MDT 2011

On Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:12:50 pm suhringtr36 at comcast.net wrote:
> I put the '70 TR6 up on jacks to replace the rubber secuions of the fuel
> lines with ethenol resistant rubber hoses (it has been 13 years since I
> replaced them anyway). As I was going over the udnerside of the 6, I
> noticed that there was some oil seeping from the spin on filter, and it
> was green tinted.  Any idea what could be causing this?
>
> Scott Suhring
> '70 TR6
> '59 TR3A
Scott,

I don't know about the leak. I have heard it mentioned on the 6-pack forum
from time to time. Most of the problems are with the o-ring or something.

The oil I use is Brad Penn Green oil and it is indeed green! Most oils when
they are new are yellow to green in color.

I would do a search on the forum for problems and fixes. Many members use the
spin on oil filter modification.

I am still an old school and have the original oil filter systems on my 3, 4
and 6.No leaks but lots of fun changing the filter!

Bob