[TR] master cylinder rebuild

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 17:25:26 MDT 2011

I've installed new rebuild kits in my 1960 tr-3 master cylinder's  (clutch and
brake) and find when i push in the plungers they won't spring
back..............just stick.  One is worse than the other but neither seems
serviceable.  I've honed both cylinders and due to the age i'd imagine they've
been honed before over the years so  I'd assume if any problem existed that
they'd be too loose if anything.  I've measured the inside dimensions and the
cylinders are 75's so I am pretty sure I have the correct kit.
My question is whether others on the list have had the same problem.  I'm
thinking the old springs inside might be weak and new springs might correct the
problem?
thanks

gary n.