[TR] TR4A Dual Exhaust Question

jerryvv at roadrunner.com jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 5 13:08:20 MDT 2011

It may well be how far beyond the bumper they protrude as well as how close they are to the bumper. Regardless I seem to get soot and deposits on the bumper as well as the trunk lid on long runs at speed. I just got used to cleaning the bumper or lid more frequently. But blue tells me that there is excessive heat so the conclusion is they are too close. I saw your post on the British Car Forum regarding how the PO hung the system under the frame and that you were correcting that. Just doing that may allow you to move the tips down and out away from the bumper as the stock mounting results in them being well placed. I can send you my actual dimensions later tonight for what it's worth. (Not much in my opinion)

JVV