[TR] Registration & Inspection in Texas

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Sun Apr 3 16:08:19 MDT 2011

All,

As I work on completing the restoration over the spring, I am turning my mind to the after hassles; namely registration and inspection.
I have the title to car, signed over by mom. (Thanks mom.)  But, the car hasn't been driven in Texas since 1988.

From what I can tell, I will have to register the car, transferred to my ownership.
I will register the car as a "Classic", since the "Antique" designation is very limited.

Does anyone have any experience with registering your car as a "classic".  Did that include a simultaneous ownership transfer?
If so, can you share with me?  How did that designation impact the inspection requirements?
Do they inspect the car based on the requirements for the year it was made?  Or do they expect it to be like a brand new car, and inspect it according to those rules?

Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO