[TR] Hub races are parallel? -follow up

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 08:36:42 MDT 2011

Hi List!

This year (around the beginning of Jan.) I asked the list about how to detect if
the Front Hub Races are parallel. I want to thank everyone who replied, & I'm
giving you the follow up on this thread.

It was pointed that the hub races could be placed in NOT parallel, but would be
not likely because of the force placed on them when driving. Then I stated that
I was having wheel wobble & thinking at might have been the problem when I went
to check it with a dial indicator.

Again, thank you all for replying on different ways of setting this up to check
the hub.

I did use the dial indicator on the both sides to compare readings & check if
the other hub was out, too. I took the trouble hub reading to find it out .033"
& the rotor out .003". The other side readings were  both within .003".
Therefore I concluded that the hub was the problem. I then checked out another
hub & rotor to find that reading is with in .003".

Thus I swapped the bad hub with the good one.

I think the problem should be resolved, but I would like another person to drive
along side of me to check it out for sure when I driving around 65ish MPH.

I know the list is interested in reading follow ups & knowing that their input
was used. THANK YOU ALL, again, for your input.-Cosmo Kramer