[TR] TR4A badge bar

spamiam at comcast.net spamiam at comcast.net
Sat Apr 2 08:14:07 MST 2011

Bob and Jerry

Thanks for your quick replies.

The bar as Jerry describes his is probably not going to work for me.  My tow
loops on the front of the frame are filled with my front sway bar.  I
managed to thread the bar through the loops, and it fits really well that
way.  I did not have to cut the loops as some have done.

As Jerry says, if lights are mounted on his bar in the upright position,
then they will interfere with the hood.  For those who didn't see his photo
that he sent me, the bar comes up from below the bumper, and bends around in
front of the bumper just inboard of the overriders, and extends probably 3"
or 4" above the bumper.

If I had to fabricate brackets, What I had envisioned was a bracket that
bolts to the frame with the bumper mounts, then comes up behind the bumper,
then extends a little above the top of the bumper.  At that point a 3/4"
stainless or chrome tube is  mounted transversely.  On that tube the lights
are mounted.  Hopefully the clamps to the tube would hold securely enough
that they will not twist on the tube, and the whole thing will be reasonably
rigid to minimize vibration.

Probably any commercial bar that would allow fitting lights would have to be
positioned in the same general place.

-Tony