[TR] TR4A badge bar

spamiam at comcast.net spamiam at comcast.net
Sat Apr 2 06:03:00 MST 2011

I am thinking of adding driving lights to my TR4A.  Due to the hood tipping forward, clearance is a real issue.  Positioning needs to be pretty tight to the grille so they won’t interfere with the hood.

I have not seen any commercial badge bars to which I might mount the lights.  Since the lights are heavier than badges, the bar would need to be pretty stable, too.  I saw that Moss sells clamps for stem-mount lights and the clamps fit a 3/4” diameter bar.  So, I am looking for a 3/4” diameter bar.

Any suggestions?

Alternatively, I might be able to fabricate my own bar and custom arms which would piggyback to the bumper mounts.  I see that 3/4” 304 stainless 16 gauge tube stock is not terribly expensive.  That would be a possibility, but I did not find any end caps that would be suitable.  Any suggestions on this approach?  Source for end caps that do not rely on a pipe thread?

-Tony