[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 4, Issue 430

Ben Zwissler bjzwissler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 17:52:08 MDT 2010

Gary,

I'd change the oil, put a squirt of oil or two in each cylinder and
crank it over with the plugs out.  If there's any gas in it it'll have
to be drained and replaced with fresh.  If you have a cooling system
pressure tester I'd do that before I start it, but that's not mandatory
it only prevents unpleasant surprises as the engine warms up.  Otherwise
check the coolant, carb dashpots for oil, and brake and clutch fluid if
you're going to drive it.  Then crank away and see what happens.

Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler at gmail.com
Columbus, IN
1966 Triumph TR4A