[TR] Electronic Ignitions (formerly Looking to buy)

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 26 14:37:10 MDT 2010

> Randall?

Sorry, I don't have an ignition scope.  Wanted one for many years, but I've
run out of room in the garage for toys (and still haven't picked up the
on-car wheel balancer).

And I don't have enough nerve to try connecting my HP low voltage scope to a
running car engine.

FWIW, I tried putting a new Pertronix on my daily driver TR3, and was
unhappy with it.  The Pertronix is back in the parts bin, and the car is
running well on points (although it might be getting time for new ones).

I was also less than thrilled with the Crane XR3000 I had on the 3A, but it
was better than the Pertronix, IMO.

The next thing I try (for the "hotrod" motor I hope to build some day) will
probably be a MSD 6 (or equivalent), triggered by a Crane XR700 optical
pickup (or equivalent).

Randall