[TR] TR3A Brake light switch

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 26 14:25:28 MDT 2010

> The wire
> connections on
> the TR3A switch would just be rerouted or extended and simply
> attached to
> the contacts on the TR6?

Yes, that will work fine.  I did it that way on my TR3A, just ran two wires
from the original harness connections for the brake light switch, over to
the switch mounted on the pedal box.  In this shot, you can see the switch
in the lower RH corner, and the two red wires that run up over the battery
and down on the other side to the harness connections.
http://tinyurl.com/2ftwuyk

I chose a slightly route this time (for the TR3), and got power to the
switch from a fuse block I added near the original fuse block.  I like
having the brake lights on their own fuse.  I also elected to have them work
even when the ignition switch is off (American style).  Just my personal
preference, not necessarily any better.

Randall