[TR] TR3A Brake light switch

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 26 09:40:28 MDT 2010

Hi all,

My 59 TR3 brake lights only come on with an excessive amount of brake pedal
pressure. In most cases the lights to not work when approaching a stop unless
I apply the brakes in the last moment with full pressure. I am assuming that
the switch is not working properly.

I am looking at two approaches to solve this obvious safety issue.

1st one is the easiest, replacing the old switch with a new one. My question
is, has anyone replaced these switches with a new one and did the new one work
with minimal pressure on the brake pedal as one would expect. Or am I going to
end up with the same result that I have now.

2nd approach would be to bypass this switch with a brake pedal mounted one
like my TR6 brake switch.

Any feedback on the TR3 replacement switch would be appreciated.

Thx,

Alex Manzo

59 TR3
72 TR6