[TR] '73 TR6 light switch

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sat Sep 25 09:24:20 MDT 2010

Success, Bob, and much thanks.   I found everything as you said but worse.
My contact tabs were a bit loose so to your fine tutorial, I would add the
instructions to use DEOXIT on the contact rivet-to-tab joint after which one
can use two pin punches to tighten the rivet heads to the tabs.  I was
getting enough increased resistance to heat up the tab and melt the
insulating plastic on one wire.    Also, since this was a replacement switch
from the original (wish I knew then what I know now) it has a white plastic
framework behind the dash that clips to the switch and helps keep it in
position.  I reached up inside the dash and pushed the switch out and never
even felt this frame.  It was only after the switch was disconnected and I
looked into the mounting hole at the area behind the dash that I saw the
framework.  Good thing I've got small hands because it was not easy to put
the frame back.  I almost had to remove the speedo to make access room -
almost.

Ron L in warm, humid, North Attleboro, MA.