[TR] Electrical connection to coil

Mo and Dave MacKay m.d.mackay at sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 24 12:50:36 MDT 2010

Hello:

For the second time in a couple of years, I have had the thin white wire
from the fuse box that feeds the coil snap off at the crimp-on connector
that affixes it to the coil. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong with the
way I've been making the connection.

I was wondering if I need to provide some sort of strain relief for the wire
at the connector, or if I need to do something different than just crimping
the connector to the wire. I'd welcome any suggestions.

Also, the wire is now pretty short and is now just long enough to reach the
coil. What is considered good practice: should I splice in another length of
cable, or open up the loom and run a new (thicker) wire from the fuse box?
If the latter, does one use regular (vinyl) electrical tape to re-wrap the
loom?

Thanks in advance.

Dave MacKay

TR3A s/n 68639L(O)