[TR] Stranded

Alex&Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Fri Sep 24 03:46:48 MDT 2010

Things to check.

1. Is the Pertronix unit receiving full voltage? I had one on a TR-6 that
failed because it was wired to the regular coil feed wire - the one after
the ballast resister wire. The unit was receiving only 8-9 volts. It would
produce a spark at craning speed, but that was it. The supply voltage should
have come directly from a switched 12v source like the fusebox.

2. Is the unit designed for positive ground? I assume that a TR-3A is
positive ground.

Alex Thomson