[TR] New Spark plug wires arc

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 07:27:38 MDT 2010

I have been having a similar intermittent missing problem that seems to be
plaguing the list lately.

Went through several things and the car is running well now.   In my case  -
it was the coil that was giving me troubles.

On my way to the resolution, I bought new cap and wires from Moss.    It
seems if the #4 wire is close to the heater pipe - it arcs through the
insulation of the wire just below where to boot ends.

I'm not thinking this is normal - but wanted to make sure before I try to
send them back.  I've currently got the wires pulled away from any metal
with tape -- looks bad - runs good!

Chris
63 TR4 -