[TR] Fuel starvation in my TR4

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sat Sep 18 08:12:50 MDT 2010

Dean,
A friend of mine had a similar problem with his TR4A. He moved his ignition
coil to the inner fender close to the horn, not on the block and the problem
went away. You might try temporarily mounting your coil somewhere else
besides the hot engine block and see if it improves the situation. I know
they came that way and most people don't have that problem but maybe the
hotter weather combined with a hot block to weaken the coil output?
Worth a try anyway and won't cost much to implement.
If you try it, let me know as I have a TR4A also.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt