[TR] Fuel starvation in my TR4

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Thu Sep 16 22:50:02 MDT 2010

<Symptoms:
- Car runs well and with full power for a while after start-up.
- Loss of power and what feels like a miss under load after it's been driven
a while.  Going up a long hill seems to trigger the stumbling.  If I let up
on the throttle, it smooths out.  Sometimes it drives well again for a
while.
- Problem seems to be worse when it's really hot out (I live in Austin)
- Engine idles smoothly even when it's not running well under load.>>

Pull the tops off your float bowls and make sure the fuel is running freely
and the shut-off jet is doing it's job and not hanging up in the closed
position.  Just had this same symptom with my TR3 last month.

Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"
www.triumphowners.com/1566