[TR] How much for a clutch job

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Thu Sep 16 19:46:26 MDT 2010

$600 labor @ $95 per hour, $200-$300 worth of parts, 1 year warranty against problems, and a rear gearbox oil seal replacement, in the big city, I am working with that.  Dropped at the shop tonight, will advise.  They are really advising that if the clutch is not causing problems, does not slip or pull out of gear, that I should just get the seal done.

Thanks Andy, there are many times when I wish I could do this stuff myself, but I get it out, flywheel needs trued, days turn into weeks, there are some things I let the big boys do.  This shop is very nice, the parts guy dropped me off at metro tonight so I could get home, saved me a $15 cab ride.

The list can let this go, I will report back on completion, thanks to everyone for their input.

Craig
Vienna, VA
1972 Triumph TR6