[TR] Spitfire engine number

William McLeod wbmcleod at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 20:25:41 MDT 2010

Thanks, Andy
And thanks to all for quick, accurate answers!

Sent by old, fat gremlins!

On Sep 15, 2010, at 18:16, Andrew Mace <zoboherald at aol.com> wrote:

> Bill, that would be a fairly early 1971 model, USA-spec. engine. Note the
"HE" suffix, indicating a High Compression engine. These still had something
like 60-65 hp in stock form. It's also pre-recessed-bore specification
(FK....UE suffix for the 1296 and also on all "1500" engines).

> --Andy Mace
>
> *Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
> *Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Register: http://www.vtr.org

Database: http://triumph-herald.us

been totally unable to track it down (year, model, etc.).  Anyone know what
it's from?