[TR] Random TR250 Story

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 09:30:53 MDT 2010

List,

Another "small world" Triumph story......one day towards the end of our
family vacation in Cape May, NJ (seashore resort on the New Jersey coast) two
weeks ago, with all of the family already on the beach, I decided to take a
walk  with my 1 year old grandson from our house to the beach (about 1 1/2
blocks)  after his afternoon nap.  The crowds at the beach thin out towards
Labor  Day so as I walked out the front door and looked up the road there
wasn't a car  in sight except this Jasmine TR250 parked in a driveway of one
the stately old  circa 1900 homes.

So, I told my grandson that we had to check this out and that there might
be a slight delay arriving on the beach if I got to talking to the owner!
Turns out that the homeowner and his wife were storing some outdoor
furniture in  preparation for some wind from an approaching hurricane and we struck
up a  conversation.  Great story....he bought the car new, has 180,000 miles
on  it (second engine) and has never hesitated driving it anywhere.  So, of
 course, we shared stories and swapped tales of experiences......that is
until my grandson got so squirmy that we had to move on.  I doubt  whether
"Charlie" (grandson) understood the camaraderie taking place but it was  good
fun anyway:)

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA