[TR] ATF Fluid..... non Triumph

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Sun Sep 12 08:58:04 MDT 2010

Bob,

My experiences with ATF are that it will change from "new" red to a darker
red over time and that's normal but if it changes to a more black shade it
indicates that either it's been running hotter than the engineered,  normal
heat range and has degraded or it's showing signs of internal  seal/gasket
breakdown.....or both!

In either case, I think it's a wise recommendation to change it and the
filter.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 9/11/2010 10:13:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,