[TR] TR3A starter motor

Miscuse1 miscuse1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 11 13:38:30 MDT 2010

Hello, I peeked inside my 3A long nose starter today. On the brush end, I
found a piece of paper in there. It wraps almost all the way around the
inside of the yoke. I am curious as what is it for and how should it fit? It
was slightly wedged behind the field coils a bit but yet not so far as to
partially block the two openings through which you see the brushes. I'm sure
it vibrated around from its original installation until the stuck the way I
found it. It is almost the same width of the brush cover band. Also, does
anybody have 'I wish I knew that before I started' tips to share on
restoring one of these beasts? Thanks,