[TR] PCing a water pump

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Sep 11 07:36:26 MDT 2010

In a message dated 9/10/2010 11:00:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
mondoluxe at suddenlink.net writes:
> Whereas, I've been vilified in the past for singing the praises of
> powder coating, I will maintain that P/C is vastly superior technology
> and perhaps Fred was just a little ahead of his time.

Not by me.  The concours folk classify powder coating as "over-restoration"
and as such it will not garner deducts, it will just not score higher than
the other car that has period-correct paint.  But, the beauty of powder coat
is that it will retain its lusture over many years.  When you consider that
we are in this for the olng term it only makes sense.

Dave (Debutaunt Powder Coater)