[TR] New One

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 16:16:19 MDT 2010

We sometimes discuss on the List those TR items that are indestructible.  My engine block had stress fractures in the webbing, so no.  And the original 50 year old radiator I had reinstalled blossomed a leak in the resevoir recently and had to be replaced.  More or less to be expected, I guess.

This weekend, though, my ancient walnut gearshift knob came apart in pieces when I downshifted, not particularly spiritedly.  Reminded me of a Red Sox baseball bat disintegrating and flying back at an opposing pitcher.  The new one from TRF that came today is gorgeous, by the way.  Almost glad it happened, except I sourced the now-broken one from Fred Perry--who passed away--and had a certain sentimental value.

Next thing you know, the driver will begin to fail.  Does the TRF, Moss or other carry one of those refurbished????

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A TS 58667
New Hampshire