[TR] cam bearing set screws

Todd W. Richmond twr at skybeam.com
Wed Sep 8 20:46:18 MDT 2010

Randy,

Wow.  I had already googled your write-up and found it very helpful.
I didn't know about the extra oil holes, so I was able to confirm that
mine were basically lined up.  Using the round mirror was a great idea
that helped as well.  As you probably saw from my response to Randall
I was able to get the existing situation to work without too much
trouble.  They are not aligned perfectly, but good enough to let the
set screw pins through.

I didn't realize when I read it how recent your post and pictures on
britishcarforum.com were until you mentioned it!  We seem to be going
through the same process at relatively the same time.  What are you
working on now?  I would love to stay in touch with you and compare
notes as we go through this, although I must say that I am really a
beginner and will not likely be able to be of much help to you.  I
also work pretty slowly as I am the father of 6 kids with one on the
way, so I don't always have a lot of time to tinker in the garage. I'm
trying to do this project together with my 16-yr-old son, but it can be
hard to find times when our schedules link up.  Still, I'd love to keep
in touch; it'd be fun to kind of go through this together with someone.

Cheers,

-Todd Richmond

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 16:45 -0500, Randy and Valerie DeRuiter wrote:
> Todd-
>
> I actually did this operation this past weekend for my 3A engine using
> a borrowed tool and reported it on another car forum:
> http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcforum/ubbthreads.php/topics/706394/TR3_4_Cam_Bearing_Install#Post706394

snip