[TR] stripped thread in alumium cylinder head

sujit roy triumphstag at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 16:57:42 MDT 2010

While trying to re-torque my inlet manifold bolts on my Stag, I noticed one
of the long bolts thread is stripped. The other short ones in the area are
fine. I do have a
slight leak.
My question is. Is there a quick short term fix? I'm looking for something
which  will prevent me removing the manifold and inserting a heli-coli., but
enable the
bolt to tighten.
On searching the web, I came accross a product by Permatex, but the reviews
were no good.
Any thoughts?

I'll prefer to wait until the winter months to heli-coli all the threads.

Sujit

--
Sujit Roy, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty, Cupertino, CA