[TR] [6pack] Hagerty Car Ins. up 14%??

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Thu Sep 2 16:40:32 MDT 2010

List, thanks for all your input.

No claims or tickets.  Went from $194 to $222 in one year with the
same $22k replacement value.  That's over a 14% increase with no
changes.  Talked to them and they responded with all the fine things
they do and benefits of Hagerty and on and on, but  I said I thought I
was already getting all those fine things the year before with the
$194 premium and was happy.  I said so you're telling me I now have to
pay 14% more for the same thing with no additional benefits?  They
then claimed they restructured their rates and Colorado came out a bit
(14% is a lot in my book) higher.  I know how insurance works and they
may be justified because of claims and losses (they thought it was
mostly MG drivers that were to blame...just kidding) but that's not
going to keep me from railing at them about it, after all I'm retired
and don't have anything better to do ;)

I will look into some of the suggested alternatives, thanks.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net