[TR] Adhesive for Rubber seals

GHaynesTR4 at aol.com GHaynesTR4 at aol.com
Thu Sep 2 13:29:54 MDT 2010

Yep, Gorilla Snot, especially in black, is the adhesive of choice.

It should not be necessary to glue the entire strip, as they remain in
their little tracks with adhesive used sparingly and at the ends.

When installing the seals, DO NOT pull the ends into position so they are
likely to compress back and leave a gap for air and water to enter.   Sadly,
I did that years ago and have had some water enter that might not have,
leading to soaked carpets on occasion.   I'm gonna replace the door seals on my
TR4A this fall and will leave a little extra (maybe 1/2") length, to be
trimmed off only when I'm sure the rubber has relaxed.   It's pretty difficult
to put additional rubber in place later.

Good luck with the project, Guy.   You are at the fun stage!   Take your
time.
George Haynes
1965 TR4A
CTC55423LO (damn, our cars must be very similar! Mine's TRG w/ Surrey Top.
 New Miata seats just installed)