[TR] VTR light guy

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Oct 30 06:22:18 MDT 2010

In a message dated 10/29/2010 5:30:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:
> What he said.  However, it should be at least a 2 watt resistor
> (preferably
> 5 watts IMO) and mounted where it is not touching anything flammable as it
> will get hot if you hold the brakes on for very long.

  Gppd point.  If you want to get real fancy-like, you can get a chassis
mount resistor and bolt it to the sheet metal.  I didn't see any thing like
that on the R-S website but you can get one (or 600) from Mouser.

http://tinyurl.com/297793w

Another option is to check out the shops that cater to hobbiests.  Surely
Denver has one of those.  I would think that every city of that size has at
least on.  St. Louis has two such stores  Perhaps Fistels carries these.  Any
shop with Saturday hours must cater to hobbiests.

http://www.fistells.com/

Dave