[TR] Convention agenda

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Thu Oct 28 18:58:59 MDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Sforza <djsforza at gmail.com>

I believe a driving event should be mandatory. If only to see the cars
under
their own power... How about a s-l-o-w crawl around the autocross
circuit? And
to give the casual attendee an opportunity enjoy the whole event.

==AM==
Hear, hear, Don! Over the years, I've seen (or in a few instances, seen
photos or video of) Heralds, Vitesses, Mayflowers,  a Standard Vanguard
Sportsman, Southern Crosses, 10 sedans -- even a genuine TRS Le Mans
car -- run autocross or at least funkhana.

And I haven't seen him in years, but I remember one person from the
East Coast who would drive the "heck" out of his car to go to a
convention, drive the "heck" out of it in several driving events...and
then spend a fair portion of the rest of his time there cleaning the
car back to near perfection and winning trophies for show as well as
"go"!

I admit that I didn't do many driving events in Red Wing in '02. Part
of that might have been simply because I'd driven 1225 miles to get
there in the then-newly acquired '62 Herald. ;-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: http://triumph-herald.us