[TR] Convention agenda

Ann and Tim Buja thebujas at comcast.net
Thu Oct 28 17:11:30 MDT 2010

Randall wrote:

> AFAIK, that rule is mostly "honor system" anyway.  I
> could be wrong, but my impression is that only rarely
> does anyone actually cross check which cars have been
> in a driving event.

I helped run the 1995 and 2005 conventions in Rockford, IL.  In both cases,
we cleared the hotel parking lot by having the panoramic photo off-site on
the morning of the car show.  No cars were allowed onto the show field lots
unless you had a driving event participation sticker on your Triumph's
registration marker.  A second check against the event participation logs
was made when the Participants' Choice and Concours Awards were matched up
with the winning car owner's name(s).

Everyone knew the rules and we never had any issues with people trying to
beat the system.  The "drivers" took part in as many events as they could,
while the "shiners" did their run in the parking lot funkhana at slow speed
and then parked their car back in the trailer until show day.

Tim Buja - Rockford, IL