[TR] Convention agenda

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Oct 28 12:13:31 MDT 2010

In a message dated 10/28/2010 12:43:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:
> >This de facto requires that driving events be held
> >before the concour.
>
> I disagree.  The rule is that no trophy can be awarded if the car does not
> participate in a driving event, so the driving events need only be held
> before the awards are announced.

I think he meant that all cars on the field have been driven at least a
little bit and not "just rolled off the enclosed trailer" so the contest is a
bit more fair in that respect.  On the other hand, the ice cream run and the
funkahna count as moving events so the requirements amount to little more
than driving it from the parking lot to the show field.

But you are right.  A car can score very high at the show and yet be passed
over for awards if it does not participate in a "driving" event.

> AFAIK, that rule is mostly "honor system" anyway.  I could be wrong, but
> my
> impression is that only rarely does anyone actually cross check which cars
> have been in a driving event.

Some checking is done but if the driver says he drove it we take him at his
word.  Besides, there is talk about doing away with that for the VTR.  I
can't say I am in agreement with that.

Dave