[TR] Triumph Bendix Radio

John Finlayson john_finlayson at telus.net
Wed Oct 27 23:32:19 MDT 2010

I'd like to see a photo of it if you can send one. I have read similar
descriptions but have not seen any photos of your model. The 7BTRX, as I
said in my previous post, is not original for my '62 TR4. The "7" in the
model number actually designates it as a 1967 model radio, so it was
produced well after the end of the TR4 run. I don't know what models Triumph
may have installed it in, possibly the TR4A. I do not believe many Triumphs
shipped to North America came with factory installed radios, damage and
theft in transit being my understanding of the main reasons. I believe most
were installed after arrival in North America. That is my experience from
when the cars were new.

John Finlayson
'62 TR4