[TR] Fw: TR3 Heater coil

Miscuse1 miscuse1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 25 19:38:05 MDT 2010

Like steering wheel boxes (the outer shaft is soldered to the gear box) and
clutch brake reservoir, I would expect anything with solder to fail under
the heat of power coating. (My C/B reservoir solder dripped under the heat
but I have not tested it for leaks yet. I may have ruined it.)

Also the purpose of the coil fins is to conduct the heat from the water
inside the coils. The fan blowing air across the fins picks off that warmth
and delivers it for your comfort. You don't want to insulate the fins. Maybe
a light coat of rattle can paint to make it look pretty but a heavy coating
only degrades the ability of the coils to function properly. The light coat
will technically affect the performance but it is probably one of those
technicalities that are measurable in a lab and not in the real world.