[TR] Proper fill on a Triumph TR6 brake master res.

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 23 09:16:59 MDT 2010

On Friday, October 22, 2010 07:57:39 pm thenicholls at verizon.net wrote:
> List,
>
> You have heard my story  about my brake system repair.
>
> The shop put a new cap on the reservoir, and thought that was it.
>
> So, easy question that is not stated in the maint. manual, how full should
> the reservoir be on a topped on newly bled system on the TR6.  How far
> from the top lip should the fluid be, and if over that height, it would be
> "to full".
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig
> 1972 Triumph TR6

Craig,

According to the TR6 handbook on page 58 the fluid level should never go below
the danger line. As pictured it is where the top oval portion of the reservoir
meets the lower straight portion. So I would guess that any level above that
is ok up to the bottom of the filler cap.

I just finished bleeding my 72 brakes and I left the fluid level to about 1/2
below the lower cap.

Bob