[TR] Tranny Story 2

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Thu Oct 21 16:01:39 MDT 2010

I got some parts back from my local machine shop today.  The main
task I wanted was a hardened sleeve put on the roller bearing surface
where mainshaft fits into the input shaft.  They did a good job
except for one thing.

The OD is now too big.  It won't fit into the input shaft's hole with
the bearing in place.  Bummer.  I'll take it back but with the shaft
turned down to accept the sleeve I don't know what the original
diameter was.  I would have thought they'd have measured that and
replicated it precisely.

If any of you know that spec I'd be glad to hear it so I can go back
to the shop prepared.

I am not a happy camper at the moment.  Not too worried, but these
things aer always better off resolved than pending, if you know what
I mean.

Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com