[TR] Head or crank?

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sun Oct 17 22:44:03 MDT 2010

John,
Yes, it certainly could be from the rear of the valve cover running down to
look like a rear crank seal problem.  My advice, I hope you haven't pulled
the motor just yet, is to clean it everything very carefully and watch to
see just where the oil originates before tearing into the crank seal,
perhaps needlessly.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a faulty tappet cover gasket?

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"
www.triumphowners.com/1566