[TR] Head or crank?

John Gillis JGILLIS at tcd.ie
Sun Oct 17 11:14:32 MDT 2010

I am in the process of removing the motor from my "re-built" TR2 in an attempt
to deal with a very heavy leak from between box and motor on tick-over. While
stripping down I noticed a trail of oil from the back of the head, some
gathering around the starter and more running down around the engine breather.
Could the steady flow I saw dripping from the left side of the join between
box and motor back plate while the motor was running be actually from the
head. I should say there was a steady drip every second and this makes me
believe it is unlikely to be from the head.
Regards
John