[TR] ZS Carb Questions

Irv Korey ikorey at comcast.net
Sat Oct 16 03:15:29 MDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:59 PM, William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a at att.net>wrote:

>     I went to move my TR6 tonight so I can get the TR3 in the shop instead
> (there may be a pattern forming here...). I drove the 6 around the block and
> it was pouring fuel out of the rear carburetor on the bottom through a round
> disk thing that is rattling around. I am not real familiar with the TR6 yet
> and never touched a ZS carb. What are those disk things? Why does fuel pour
> out of one? Is there a quick fix until I can rebuild the carbs? The car sat
> for about 20 years and I am bringing it back to life.
>     I just need to move the car about 300 feet uphill and would rather not
> be on fire while doing it.

The earlier Z-S carbs had adjustable jets. When the asjustable jets were
replaced with adjustable needles as emissions became more of an issue,
instead of retooling the float bowls, a plug with an o-ring was put into the
opening. The o-rings are most likely the problem.

HTH,

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IK