[TR] Jekyll Island or bust

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 14:42:05 MDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Simo <ccsimonsen at gmail.com>

  I still remember SIPDE from my motorcycle safety course -- scan,
identify,
predict, decide, execute.  I think this helps me avoid many
potential problems and when it doesn't -   it pays to have a solution in
mind - it's amazing how much faster you can react.

==AM==
Chris, you bring back memories of my college days, when I took all the
available courses to be able to teach driver education. (I never became
a teacher otherwise, so I never taught driver ed. in a school, but I
did teach commercially for awhile.)

Dr. Richard Ellis (my professor) had, by the mid-1970s, modified the
original IPDE -- identify, predict, decide, execute -- into SIPDCE:
Sense, Identify, Predict, Decide, COMMUNICATE and Execute. He was
especially big on the COMMUNICATE part (and no, not with single-digit
hand gestures, but primarily with directional signals, tap of the horn
and the like)!

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: http://triumph-herald.us