[TR] TR3 Headlamp Upgrade

Philip Barnes pebarnes71 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:17:50 MDT 2010

Just to summarize the discussion, upgrading headlights has no downside. The
improvement in vision and safety by using a good H4 conversion such as Hella
or Cibie is startling. It's like looking through a good pair of binoculars
for the first time. If you want to upgrade wiring at the same time, it's not
too hard, but in my experience not absolutely required.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Randall <TR3driver at ca.rr.com> wrote:

>  The H4s are worth the money, if you want to actually see where you are
> going.

> This photo doesn't really do them justice, but perhaps you can get some
> idea of the advantage of quality H4 bulbs. http://tinyurl.com/2bm5hxg

 The beam pattern also 'kicks up' to the right, to better light signs and
pedestrians along the side of the road, without blinding other drivers on
the road.

Ah, E-code lamps, very nice.

--Phil Barnes, '71 TR6 since 1977