[TR] Installing '59 TR3A Rear interior Pannels

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sun Oct 10 23:27:47 MDT 2010

Scott,
I think you will find it easier to install the rear side panels before you
install the rear panel that covers the tank.  What I did was to measure the
holes and approximate their location on the panel, then using a small hole
cutting knife from my x-acto set I cut the hole through the vinyl and the
padding, this helps to prevent the padding from being wound in the drill bit
when you drill a pilot hole and then the screw when you put it in.   I know
that I probably missed the original holes but some fraction of an inch but
as long as they were equal on both sides of the car the appearance was not
affected.

The strip of 'wood' along the "B" post is to tack the fuzzy draft blocker
into place, you should screw into the metal that is just aft of this.

Good luck,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"