[TR] Trailer size 5x9?

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 16:55:26 MDT 2010

my experience with Uhaul trailer is this:
the Moss book says the TR4 and TR3
have the same tracking of the wheels.
if you tell them your hauling a TR3-4
they wont let you rent it. they know the
car barely fits.
you have to tell
then its a TR6 or (god forbid) its an MG!
when i loaded my TR3 on the trailer
the wheels just barely caught the inside
edges of the ramps up.
once on the
trailer you will see there is a long hole down the center of the
trailer with
a triangular bent rail thing, that is intended to stop you driving
into the
hole in the middle. the TR3 inside to inside of wheel is about 2 inches
less
than that of the distance out to out of the rail. so the tire sits up on
the
rail rather than on the bed.
one way to get over this is to put a 2 x 6 pine
plank on the bed. id didn't and
i made the journey from Indiana to California
with no problems.
good luck
Frank