[TR] Top Gear

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Nov 30 05:33:26 MST 2010

In a message dated 11/29/2010 9:39:50 PM Central Standard Time,
pdonnel1 at san.rr.com writes:
> I think I lost it with dialog like "Driving a Viper is pretty tricky" and
> "listen to this V-10 hum". No talk of CC's, zero to 1000 in 2.4 seconds,
> no
> comedy, no sexy stuff, nothing exciting. The audience looked bored. Buzz
> Aldren was the only bright spot, too bad the Jeremy clone screwed that up.

But that was the key to the original series (UK) success.  They dropped the
traditional car review aspect of it in favour of the off-the-wall antics of
Jeremy, Richard and James.

Besides, had you stayed tuned instead of returning to the football game
(talk about a waste of time) you would have seen the three do standing miles in
three different Maserati's.  Three different cars, three opinions why each
was the best.  Typical scripted banter albeit, but there's you zero to 175
talk you were missing.

And the Stig took all three of them around the track.  None was a fast
around the track as the Viper (which cost about 1/3 as much)

Dave