[TR] Top Gear

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Mon Nov 29 20:39:37 MST 2010

Hmmm ... I tuned into History On Demand at halftime to watch episode #1.
Couldn't get through half of it.

I think I lost it with dialog like "Driving a Viper is pretty tricky" and
"listen to this V-10 hum". No talk of CC's, zero to 1000 in 2.4 seconds, no
comedy, no sexy stuff, nothing exciting. The audience looked bored. Buzz
Aldren was the only bright spot, too bad the Jeremy clone screwed that up.

A bunch of clones, and not very good ones. And they've done 10 shows
already. The photography was pretty good though. Maybe I'll watch it next
time, turn the sound off, and listen to a little Van Halen.

I wonder what the British think of the American version?

Johnnie