[TR] Top Gear

dave1massey at cs.com dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Nov 29 06:10:56 MST 2010

     My family's favorite TV show is Top Gear. So, tonight the TV guide shows it

on the History Channel instead of the usual BBCA. So we turn it on and it has an

American driving an Aston and none of the usual guys (Jeremy, Richard and

James). My kids booed it down after about 5 minutes. Watching the show was like

an alternate universe. What was this other Top Gear? It sucked.

It's like when they move "Who's Line is it Anyway" to Hollywood and replaced Clive Anderson with Drew Cary.  I have nothing against Drew Cary but he's no Clive Anderson.

I saw last week's episode and it has the same irreverent attitude but without Jeremy Clark it just isn't the same.

I guess not everybody appreciates an English accent the way we do.

Dave