[TR] Tom O'Malley

LARRY C GRIFFIN lgriffinnc at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 28 22:38:26 MST 2010

Many of the old timers will remember Tom O'Malley who was very active on the British Car and Spitfire lists until 2003. His Spitfire wiring diagrams are listed on the Spitfire & GT6 Magazine web site. Tom had a wonderful sense of humor and was an inspiration to other enthusiasts. I had the good fortune to meet him around ten years ago after he invited me to stop by his house in Southbridge, MA on the way to taking my daughter to college in Boston. I was amazed at the quality of work, including welding and painting, he had done on his Spitfire in a Harbor Freight portable garage! I only met Tom once, but he was definitely one of the good guys and one of those people who seemed like a life-long friend when you met him.

I am very sad to say that I just learned that Tom passed away after an illness on March 9, 2008. His obituary can be found at http://www.sansoucyfuneral.com/sitemaker/sites/Sansou1/obit.cgi?user=832_TOMalley102 . I do not believe this has been posted to the listserves before, but I wanted all to know of his passing.

-Larry Griffin