[TR] TR3A control head install question

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Nov 24 22:30:50 MST 2010

> What the best way to snake the a new control head's wires
> down thru the stator tube, seems just a bit tight.

My favorite method is to poke some steel wire (aka baling wire) through the
tube and fasten it to the wires just beyond the end of the outer jacket.
Just bend the wire into a tight loop, and wrap it tightly to the wires with
electrical tape or similar.

Easiest with the tube out of the car, IMO, just clamp the end of the steel
wire in the bench vise and back away, pulling on the tube with one hand and
feeding the wire into it with the other.  If you do it in the car, you will
either need help, or make countless trips back and forth to alternately pull
and guide.

Note that the control head harness only fits through the tube one way.  You
have to start the bullet end into the tube end that has the slot.

Last time, I also picked up some wire-pulling lubricant at Home Depot, which
seemed to make the job go much easier.
http://www.mytoolstore.com/klein/51010.html

-- Randall